Help for Small Businesses
UPDATE 4/17/2020 The application period for our small business grant is now closed. We hope to have more grant opportunities in the future.
Due to Covid-19, I know many small businesses are currently struggling. I've put together a list of grants and other sources of funding that are available that may be helpful to you. If you know of any others to add to the list please email me at email@example.com.
- SheaMoisture launched a $1 Million Fund to support entrepreneurs of color. Applications open today (4/8) and have a quick turnaround.
- Spanx Red Backpack fund is a $5 Million fund targeting women entrepreneurs. Applications opened 4/6.
- Facebook is offering $100 Million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 small businesses. More information can be found here.
- Verizon has donated $2.5 million to the national nonprofit Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC). LISC is targeting grants up to $10,000 to entrepreneurs of color and women-owned businesses. To register for the mid-April round of funding, click here.
- Hello Alice is offering $10,000 grants to help small business owners. For more information about those grants and other small business resources, click here
- Microsoft is providing six months of Office 365 tools for free to enable remote collaboration, file sharing and video conferencing. For more information, click here
- Tory Burch Foundation has a useful list of resources (for both funding and advice) for small businesses that can be found here.
Small businesses like ours can help fuel local economies. But for a lot of us, times are tough right now.
In light of recent events, many local businesses just like us are modifying their hours and the ways they serve their communities. Some of us are even closing our doors altogether. Here's how you can help make a difference.
- Shop online or call. Whether you're buying a one-of-a-kind find from your favorite vintage store or toilet paper from your local pharmacy, visit their online shop - it's always open.
- Order delivery or pickup. Your favorite meal spot may not be open for table service - but they might deliver curbside or right to your door. Who said social distancing couldn't be delicious?
- Buy a gift card to use later. Show support now and treat yourself later - your timely purchase could make a difference.
We hope you'll join us in supporting local businesses through this challenging time. Together, we can keep our communities vibrant.